Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Team Tassie

I notice that my team has done a remarkable job of describing the incredible adventure we've had thus far.  My blog post will likely pale in comparison to each of theirs.  So, I'll just mention the food and bubblies that I've enjoyed thus far.

My first night here I ate wallaby curry with rice.  The funny part of the story is that my host "mum" didnt tell me what it was until the next day.  However, the rest of my team found out the night before at the pub.  So, as always, it was a little joke on me :)  The second night here we were welcomed with a huge bbq at a bloke's house named Dennis.  We had kangaroo sausage, lamb burgers, venison steaks and the likes.  Up until that point, I'd only tried the local beer:  Boags and Cascades are the two main breweries here.  Another night my host family prepared an absolutely lovely dinner:  lamb roast, green beans, pumpkin, potatoes, tomatoes and eggplant.  All the veggies had been grown in their garden.  I focused a little more on trying the vino that night.  And yesterday I enjoyed a nice local sparkling wine as well as a pinot noir from the region.

My investigation of food and bubblies has been quite thorough and completely satisfying!  I hope you've enjoyed the report.

1 comment: