Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The shirts off their backs...

Every day seems more amazing than the last. Wineglass Bay was incredible, probably the most beautiful place I have been in my life. I am very proud of my team for making the trek. It was a rather difficult hike, but we all made it. In Virginia we often say that we live in God's Country. We may have a beautiful state, but it pales in comparison to what I have seen of Tasmania. The people are as incredible as well. It is customary for Police Officers to exchange patches when we go to other Departments. I spent the day with the Tasmania Police today. I gave a patch to one of the Sergeants and he didn't have a patch to give me in return. He left the room for a moment and when he came back he handed me his uniform shirt. Talk about giving someone the shirt off your back (it was actually in a closet, but you get the idea).

No comments:

Post a Comment